- Let's say your on a blind date and need a quick excuse to leave. Schedule a text to ourself for durring the middle of the date that says something like "Mom in Hospital....come quickly!!!"
- Text yourself reminders on important dates such as anniversaries, birthdays, valentines day, etc...
- Text yourself reminders of when sporting or concert tickets go on sale.
- Remind yourself of an important due date in the future.
- Send yourself a text at the end of the day to remind yourself to buy milk, eggs or any other errands that you may need to run.
- Maybe you saw something cool on the internet and want to send yourself the link in a couple of days.
- You can send a message to yourself several years in the future such as a list of goals that you would like to accomplish or where you would like to be in life.
Not So Useful Uses
- Text your boss an automated out sick message (while you're at the beach!)
- Texting yourself in the past. I haven't quite figured out how to build the flux capacitor yet to time travel. Maybe soon though!!!
- Sending texts to phone numbers that don't exist.
- Sending yourself reminders for the wrong dates. If yo can't correctly remember your anniversary, then you're pretty much hosed.
- Sending a text to a phone number that you don't plan on having when the text is supposed to be sent.